Friday, September 18, 2009

Sailboat Race in St. Pete Harbor, July 2009

One of the most exciting things I did on my summer vacation
was to ride in a sailboat race. My friend Lisa does this every
Wednesday evening, but this was my very first time.

Lisa worked in the front of the boat and
was kept very busy manning the sails.


There were more than a dozen people in the crew,
scrambling across the deck and pulling ropes
that made the sails go up and down.


I rode in the back, taking pictures of other boats in the race.


The boats were the prettiest when the spinnaker sails went up.


This boat named "Rocket" came in Second Place.


Our 35 ft. boat "Time Bandit" WON the race!
As we came back to our slip, the sun was setting in the west.
It was a wonderful experience.








No comments:

Post a Comment